Research Fellow/Postdoc positions in complex/geoscientific time series analysis
Institute of Computer Science, Czech Academy of Sciences, Department of Complex Systems
Research in the Department of complex systems focuses on the development and application of methods of analysis and modelling of real-world complex systems.
Natural Hazards (NH)
Nonlinear Processes in Geosciences (NP)
The project will be oriented to study interactions and causality in nonlinear, multiscale complex systems with extreme events. The primary application fields will be the Earth climate and the human brain.
- Hold a PhD (PhD. student/research assistant positions available as well, contact M. Paluš) in computer science, mathematical and physical sciences, geosciences or neuroscience and proven experience at least in one of the following:
- Climate modelling and climate data processing (e.g. NetCDF data format)
- Space weather (analysis, modelling, predictions)
- Estimation of information-theoretic functionals, esp. in causality analysis
- Extreme events
- Brain data processing and modelling
- Have strong data analysis, statistical, mathematical modelling and/or machine learning skills with practical programming experience
- Be fluent in English
The initial contract will be for one year with possible extension during the project duration.
The positions are available from January 1, 2020 or upon agreement.
The applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and should contain:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Two letters of recommendation. The referees should send their recommendations directly to email@example.com.
- A proof of the obtained degree.
Informal inquires can be sent to the principal investigator: RNDr. Milan Paluš, DrSc. firstname.lastname@example.org