Job opportunity at EGU: IT Specialist
2 September 2020
EGU is currently seeking an IT Specialist for its Executive Office in Munich to support the IT Manager.
- Support, development and enhancement of our IT infrastructure and applications in the area of networks, hardware and software
- Support and development of existing software solutions based on Python/PHP/SQL
- Preparation, editing and regular maintenance of all documentation
- High IT affinity and a keen interest in technology
- Good knowledge of the operating systems Windows and Linux as well as relational databases (PostgreSQL, MySQL)
- Qualification as an IT specialist (or comparable qualifications; we’re happy to give professionals who have changed careers a chance.)
- Structured and standalone working approaches as well as excellent team and communication skills
- Strong analytical abilities, combined with quick understanding and an ability to work under pressure
- Reliable, committed and motivated
- Very good knowledge of German and English (spoken and written)
- Varied, challenging and rewarding responsibilities
- Permanent employment with 30 vacation days per year and a company pension plan
- Initial training as well as further training possibilities
- A good working atmosphere
- Good public transportation connections
- Letter of motivation (1 page)
- CV (2 pages)
The position is located in Munich, Germany and will be subject to a six-month probation period.
Informal inquiries about this position can be made to the IT manager, Robert Barsch (email@example.com).
Applications should be addressed to Philippe Courtial, Managing Director, and be submitted by e-mail in a single PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org by 30 September 2020 and quoting reference IT.
EGU – European Geosciences Union GmbH
Kastenbauerstraße 2, Eingang D2
81677 Munich (Germany)
Phone +49 (0)89 205076390