The EGU hosts a number of blogs that aim to share accurate information about geoscientific research, in a language understandable not only to fellow scientists but also to the broader public. With a particular focus on European research, the blogs offer a place for scientists to interact with each other and the Union.
GeoLog is EGU’s official blog. It regularly brings readers information about the Union and its activities, particularly its General Assembly. Guest and opinion posts written by external contributors also have a place on the blog.
- Imaggeo on Mondays – a weekly highlight of a photo from Imaggeo: EGU’s open access image repository
- Geosciences column – featuring recent research in the Earth, planetary and space sciences
- Geotalk – a short Q&A with a geoscientist
- GeoPolicy – a regular series that provides information about European policy and ways of contributing to it
- GeoEd – a series dedicated to education in the geosciences
EGU network blogs
The blogs on the EGU network complement our official blog, featuring a diverse community of geoscience bloggers:
Geology for Global Development
by Joel Gill & Rosalie Tostevin
by Matt Herod
by Dave Pyle
(co-hosted with AGU)
by Tom Gleeson